Operations (Public Works)
The Department of Operations is headed by the Operations Director who is appointed by the Parish President with the approval of the Parish Council. The duties of the Operations Director include:
- Administers the operations and maintenance of community services, including but not limited to the Parish courthouse/building maintenance, libraries, adult detention center, board of health facilities, and other public buildings owned and/or operated by the Parish Council.
- Administers the operations and maintenance of utility facilities, parish roads and bridges, water and gas systems, drainage facilities, recreation facilities, and solid waste disposal facilities and contracts.
- Supervises and administers the Parish Planning, Coastal Zone, Engineering, and Geographic Information System programs.
With a workforce of over 100 employees, the Department of Operations is the principle department in charge of the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Parish’s infrastructures. This workforce of well-trained men and women insure a smooth and safe operation of the Parish’s many facilities and services.
During emergencies and natural disasters, emphasis moves from maintenance to emergency measures directed to saving lives and property. With an impressive fleet of vehicles and light and heavy equipment of over 140 pieces, the Department of Operations stands ready to meet the many challenges and ever changing incidents that face this Parish each and every day. The Department of Operations’ motto is "Together we can do it better than anyone else."
Request for Services
Capital Improvement Plan 2020-2022
East Bank Stormwater Master Plan:
- East Bank Stormwater Master Plan Summary
- Agenda Item Executive Summary and Report - July 2018
- Agenda Item Executive Summary and Report - June 2018
- Agenda Item Executive Summary and Report - May 2018
- Agenda Item Executive Summary and Report - April 2018
- Agenda Item Executive Summary and Report - March 2018
- June 14, 2016 East Bank Drainage Presentation (PDF)
- Agenda Item Executive Summary and Report-September 2018