It is the public policy of the Coastal Zone Management (CZM) Committee to:
- Protect, develop and, where feasible, restore or enhance the resources of the Parish's coastal zone
- Support and encourage multiple use of coastal resources consistent with the maintenance and enhancement of renewable resource management and productivity
- Develop and implement a coastal zone resource management program based on consideration of parish resources, the environment, and the needs of the people of the state, the nation, and the local government
The CZM advisory committee is composed of 9 members appointed by the Parish Council. The CZM advisory committee has the following duties:
- Review and comment on any rules and regulations relative to coastal resource management.
- Review and comment on any permit applications that do not conform to the permit criteria.
- Review and recommend to the Council any modifications to the Coastal Zone Program.
- Issue, deny, or modify permits issued by the Office of the Parish President.
- Inspect and/or investigate conditions relating to CZM.
- Conduct any investigation necessary to comply with the purposes of the CZM Program.
For more information, contact the Office of the Parish President at 225-562-2260.